Having a septic system instead of a municipal sewer system presents a whole suite of challenges for homeowners. You need to pay attention in ways that homes with sewer hookups don’t really have to, and it can feel like a chore sometimes. Factors like weather can make things even more challenging—for example, hard ground in wintertime can make pumping a septic system a virtual impossibility. This can make things all the more difficult, as increased water flow in springtime from melting snow and rainfall puts addition strain on your septic system. Fortunately, the professional team at Macken Services, Inc. can help you with these issues thanks to our years of experience. That said, warning signs of looking into pumping septic tanks in Lancaster, NY can be easily known:
· Time will tell: One of the easiest ways to know if you need services for pumping septic tanks in Lancaster, NY is to just keep an eye on the calendar rather than waiting for any really obvious “symptoms.” A general rule of thumb is that septic tanks need to be pumped about every three years, no matter what, so keeping stock of this is an easy way to prevent any destructive backups.
· Trust your nose: Odors from sewage and wastewater are unpleasant and pretty much unmistakable. If you start to get whiffs of these when you’re outside your home, it can be a sign that your septic system is under strain and needs to be pumped. The smell can also happen indoors—the effects of backed-up septic systems can make their ways into the drains of your home plumbing fixtures.
· Drains talking to you: That gurgling sound that drains can make is not something to ignore. It could be a sign that pumping your septic tank in Lancaster, NY is an immediate need. Call your neighborhood professionals if you ever hear these distinctive sounds from your sink and tub drains.
· Grass is (almost) always greener: One warning sign that people might not know about is seeing rich patches of green grass appear over where your system is buried. Wastewater is rich in nutrients and can be a boon to some spots of your yard, and these green places are a sign that your system needs attention.
· Pools in the yard: If you’re looking out at your yard and see water pooling, that’s another warning sign that your septic system is under strain and needs immediate attention. The system is too full and is pushing water to the surface of the ground and creating these pools, and you should call professionals right away to pump it out and relieve this stress.
Keeping an eye on your septic system does not have to be a time-consuming task. Remembering these quick warning signs can help you understand what you want to look out for and when you need to call in the pros to pump your septic tank in Lancaster, NY. Try and be proactive, too, since pumping in the fair weather of summer and fall is much easier and can help make for a cheaper and quicker job.
Reach out to Macken Services, Inc. to learn more or schedule service.
Categorised in: Septic Tank Pumping
This post was written by Writer