Signs You Need Septic System Service ASAP
No matter how well you care for your septic system, chances are, it will eventually require repairs or service. Regular septic pumping service is essential to keep your system operating effectively, but a lot of property owners have a hard time determining when service is necessary. Thankfully, there are a few key signs you can watch out for to help you determine when it’s time to call your local septic tank pumpers in Lancaster, NY:
- Bad smells: Septic systems are designed to effectively process waste and minimize odors. If you smell bad odors when you’re outside, it’s a sign that you have a faulty sewer line or your tank is overflowing. Contact a professional technician right away to inspect your system and determine the best course of action to deal with the problem.
- Pooling water: Pooling water is a common issue, especially in the area above your septic system’s drain field. When a system gets too full, it’s common for waste to overwhelm your drainage system and prevent your drain field from effectively channeling water through the soil. Septic tank pumpers in Lancaster, NY can restore the capacity of your system to prevent flooding and get everything back into good working order.
- Slow draining: If your sinks, toilets and tubs are draining slowly, it’s a sign that your system needs maintenance. As your tank becomes too full, it won’t be able to handle as much water coming down the drains in your home, and it might take longer for water to drain. After septic pumping service, drainage in your home is very likely to improve thanks to the increased capacity of your septic system.
- Heightened levels of nitrates: When septic systems become too full, wastewater might begin to leak into the soil around your system. If you have a water well on your property, it’s possible that your water could become contaminated with some of the waste from your septic tank. Test your well water on a regular basis to check for elevated levels of nitrates. If your water has unusually high nitrate levels, it’s a clear indicator that your septic system needs to be serviced.
- Sewage backup: There are few issues as unpleasant to deal with as sewage backups. If sewage starts backing up into the sinks, tubs or toilets in your home, you should contact a professional septic system technician right away. Sewage backup is a common sign of an overloaded system that requires professional maintenance.
Hire our septic tank pumpers in Lancaster, NY
If you’re unsure about whether or not it’s time to get help from professional septic tank pumpers in Lancaster, NY, reach out to Macken Services, Inc. for advice. We can provide you with an onsite consultation to help you determine whether any service is necessary. In addition, we can provide you with maintenance, septic cleaning and repairs as needed. Give us a call today to find out more about all of the services we have to offer and to schedule a time for your consultation.
Categorised in: Septic Tank Pumping
This post was written by Writer