Sand filters are excellent, ecologically conscious tools homeowners and business operators can use to clean the effluent discharged from their septic systems. Sand filters are an effective means of removing particulate matter from your gray water. If you are looking for a new and more effective type of gray water filtration, you should consult with a local septic services provider specializing in sand filter installation in Erie County, NY.
Sand filters consist of a box filled with a sandy medium, which drains out into a drain field, typically consisting of midsize gravel that further filters the effluent and helps with its disbursal. Here are just some of the benefits associated with sand filter installation in Erie County, NY:
- Protects groundwater: If you live in an area with rocky soil, septic effluent could be damaging your groundwater. You should consider investing in a sand filter system in order to ensure that your groundwater remains safe and potable.
- Natural filtration: Because the effluent is filtered through naturally occurring sand or a similar medium, many sand filter systems don’t require the use of chemicals. This means that your effluent is naturally treated, and may be safer than that from a traditional system.
- Low energy consumption: Sand filter systems require very little or no energy to run, which furthers their environmental credentials. You can also save big on your utility bills by investing in a sand filter, because they help you conserve electricity and water.
Caring for sand filters
If you opt for sand filter installation in Erie County, NY, there are a number of things that you can do to ensure that your system continues running at its best, including:
- Correctly divert water: Keep water away from patios, rooftops and driveways. You should divert your effluent toward an unused area of your property. Don’t direct your effluent to an area serviced by sprinkler systems, either.
- Use proper landscaping: Avoid pouring concrete or placing any large structures near your drain field. This could prevent proper evaporation from occurring. You should just use gravel and natural, real grass near your sand filter.
- Keep heavy traffic away: Try to avoid driving over your drain field, or walking too much near your sand filter installation. Heavy traffic or weighty machinery may damage the pipes under your property.
- Perform periodic inspections: You should keep an eye out for any undesirable odors or surfacing sewage over your drain field. If you spot these issues, you should reach out for help from the company that installed your sand filter.
Since 1968, Macken Services has been the most trusted provider of sand filter installation in Erie County, NY. We are western New York’s premier provider of septic services. You can count on us to safely and effectively treat the septic effluent coming from your home or business. We are proud of our attention to detail, and stand by our work.
We have more than four decades of experience providing each and every one of our clients with high-quality septic solutions. We can even help you clean your restaurant’s grease trap! Reach out to one of our knowledgeable professionals today to learn more.
Categorised in: Sand Filter Installation
This post was written by Writer